9 Most Effective Home Remedies for Dandruff
Dandruff is a common scalp disorder which can be very vexing. It generally occurs due to dry and irritated skin, growth of bacteria and fungus on the scalp, causing itchiness with excessive formation of dry skin flakes. We tell you everything you need to know about dandruff, and how to control it.
Dandruff is characterised by small white flakes falling from the scalp. While a small amount is normal, as dead skin cells flake off your scalp, many people experience an unusually large amount of flaking. This often leads to their shoulders being covered in tiny white snowflakes. While many people blame dry skin, oily skin, diet, hygiene and stress as causes of dandruff, most scientists believe that dandruff is actually caused by fungal infection. The good news is that dandruff can be treated naturally.
1. Coconut Oil & Lemon Massage:
Coconut oil nourishes your hair, while lemon juice helps to treat dandruff at home without using harmful chemicals. Given below is the easiest dandruff home remedy:
- Heat 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and mix it with equal amounts of lemon juice.
- Massage your scalp gently with the mixture.
- Leave it on for 20 minutes before rinsing if off with shampoo.
2. Indian Lilac:
The antifungal and antibacterial properties of Indian lilac, also known as neem, help treat dandruff as well as many other hair problems like scalp acne, itchy scalp, and hair fall efficiently.
3. Baking Soda And Lemon:
What You Need:
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons baking soda
- A bowl of apple cider vinegar
What You Need To Do:
- Mix the ingredients in a bowl and apply the paste to your scalp.
- Leave it as it is for about 10 minutes, or until the scalp starts to itch.
- Wash your hair with water.
- You can use apple cider vinegar as a conditioner.