8 Exercises to Reduce Love Handles and Belly fat
Crunches are old school, but the key to using them is to keep going until it burns!
How to Do:
- Lie down on your back with your knees bent at a 45-degree angle.
- Place your hands across your chest and crunch upward, lifting only your upper back off the ground.
- Leave your lower back on the ground.
- Then come back down, but just before your shoulders touch the ground, crunch upward again.
- Throughout the movement, do not relax your abdominal muscles but keep them consistently tense.
7. Flutter Kicks:
Abdominal flutter kicks predominantly targets your abdominal muscles, working the lower abs in particular. They are also a superb workout for your hip flexors, where a large extent of the effect is felt when you are performing repetitions. Your middle and upper abs will also feel stimulation from this exercise and you will get a great overall workout by including this movement into your overall abdominal training routine. Performing the abdominal flutter kicks near the end of a workout will also improve your endurance levels.
How To Do:
- Lie on your back with your head and shoulders lifted off the floor and your hands behind your head.
- With both legs extended and toes pointed lift your right leg off the floor.
- And raise your left leg just a few inches off the ground.
- Drop your right leg swiftly down so that it hovers a few inches off the ground.
- And simultaneously raise your left leg up towards the ceiling.
- Without pause, alternate back and forth.
- Up and down on each leg is one repetition. Aim for 6 – 8 repetitions.
8. Leg Raises With Hip Lifts:
How to Do:
- Lie down on your back with legs extended and hands by your side.
- Slowly raise your legs up until they reach vertical.
- Once they reach vertical, continue lifting until your hips also come off the ground.
- Then slowly bring your legs back down, but before they touch the ground, raise them back up again.
- Make sure you keep pushing your back into the ground so that it does not arch during the movement,
- and keep your abs tense throughout the whole set.
← Previous Story 8 Best Home Remedies for Cold and Cough