8 Exercises to Reduce Love Handles and Belly fat
Belly fat and love handles is more than just an unattractive physical problem, since it can pose a serious risk to your health. Belly fat and love handles is a sign that there is visceral fat. An excessive amount of visceral fat causes changes in your body like high blood pressure, high cholesterol levels, and insulin resistance. It can even increase estrogen levels which can lead to higher risk of cardiovascular disease, stroke, breast cancer, type 2 diabetes and colorectal cancers. Women should try to maintain their waistlines at a maximum of 35 inches and men should not allow their waist to exceed 40 inches.
For a lot of us, excess fat in the abdominal area has become more frequent and more difficult to lose with our increasingly sedentary lifestyles and high calorie consumption. Even with intense hours at the gym and a strict healthy diet, belly fat and love handles can prove difficult to lose. When diet and exercise fail to reduce your love handles and belly fat, All About You Medical Spa in Fair field can help.
1. Side Plank Bends Left and Right:
How to Do:
- Lie on your left side with your left elbow bent near the side of the chest.
- Bend the lower leg at the knee, keeping the knee on the floor, then lift hips.
- Once balanced, place the right hand behind the head with elbow bent.
- Lift the knee of the top leg towards your top elbow and bend the upper body towards the knee at the same time.
- Keep abs tight! Continue the movement, then repeat on the other side.
2. Side To Side Bending:
Bending side to side not just helps in reducing excess fat deposits in your stomach area, but it also helps in giving your love handles a perfect shape.
How to Do:
- Stand in an erect position with your feet together.
- Lift both your hands and stretch it above your head and make sure that they are clasped together.
- Now bend your body to your left side as much as possible until you feel a strain on your right side.
- Hold in this position for 15 seconds. Now come back to the same standing position.
- Now repeat the same on the right side. Now hold this position for about 15 seconds.
- Once you get comfortable holding on for 15 seconds, you can increase it to 30 seconds or more on both sides.